Mike many thanks for the SQL help. I have it working.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Mike Jones <mike.jones.sysdev@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Kirk,

This looks to be a de-normalization task.

If I understand this task correctly, the SQL to generate/update the
de-normalized row should look like the UPDATE below:

create table QTEMP.TEST ( P, Q, R, S, T, U ) as (
values ( 'P', '', '', '', '', '' )
,( 'Q', '', '', '', '', '' )
,( 'R', '', '', '', '', '' )
,( 'S', '', '', '', '', '' )
,( 'T', '', '', '', '', '' )
,( 'U', '', '', '', '', '' )
) with data
;

update QTEMP.TEST T
set ( Q, R, S, T, U ) = (
select
max( case when rrn( S ) = 2 then S.P else '' end ) as Q
,max( case when rrn( S ) = 3 then S.P else '' end ) as R
,max( case when rrn( S ) = 4 then S.P else '' end ) as S
,max( case when rrn( S ) = 5 then S.P else '' end ) as T
,max( case when rrn( S ) = 6 then S.P else '' end ) as U
from QTEMP.TEST S
where rrn( S ) >= 2
group by 1 )
where rrn( T ) = 1
;

Mike

date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 07:35:17 -0700
from: Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: A little SQL help please

The file can be from 1 to 6 records. The file is created using the CPYF
cmd
getting all records where field A is equal to xxxxxxxxxx. The source data
is already sorted so the fields I am dealing with are in the desired
order.

Thanks

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Vernon Hamberg <
vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Kirk

First question = what makes a record the first record? Is this by RRN?
Or
by some index?

Next question = do you have RESUEDLT turned on for the file?

Cheers
Vern