Of those steps ONLY the STOP RAID step requires DST. And it's not 'Remove from RAID' in this case you need to STOP RAID. Don't let that scare you as it will let you select which RAID sets to stop, it doesn't stop them all. So do your discovery first to know which RAID set(s) to stop. Because there is no data on them it will stop very quickly as well.

Once the stop is done all those disks will be non-configured and un-protected. You can then IPL back to IBM i and jump back into SST to do the hot sparing and start RAID etc.

Yes you ARE Correct about doing everything in SST removing the potential IPL if you want IFS in the ASP. *OR* you could make it an iASP and now you have more flexibility and no requirement for an IPL.

The Start RAID will take a fair bit of time even with SSDs, like 'more than an hour' as it does write 'em full of naughts.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com