Yes, you can omit fields, you just can't send something that is not expected.

Also, the order in the JSON document is not important.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nadir Amra
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: [Caution: Message contains Redirect URL Content] Re: JSON Limitations using IWS

I do not think it is true that you have to specify all the fields. You are able to omit fields.

"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/28/2017
10:39:45 AM:

From: Keith McCully <keithmccully@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/28/2017 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: JSON Limitations using IWS

I tried IWS as part of a JSON restful web service POC but rejected in
favour of a combination of apache and the YAJL parser.

Reason being that you have to specify all the fields on each call and
ordered to match the data structure whether you actually want them or
not.

Apache/YAJL requires more knowledge but you get better control.

"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/27/2017
06:12:19 PM: