While running a customized save on a new Power 8 for the first time with
output to an optical (RDX) device, one of a set of three SAVLIB options
failed with an OPT1260 error with the following details in the message:

Cause . . . . . : An open for write operation found an existing file named
/QFILE on volume KISCO8 which has an expiration date greater than the current
system date or the file is not a save/restore file. The existing file will be
overwritten if 'I' is selected. Recovery . . . : Do one of the following: --
Use C to cancel processing. -- Use I to write over the existing file on the
current volume. Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . : C -- Cancel processing I -- Ignore error and write over existing
data file

Google doesn't show up anything. Neither is there anything in the archives here. I have a SAVLIB for *ALLUSR followed by a SAVLIB for *IBM and that is then followed by a SAVLIB for several libraries that start with the letter Q but are not a part of the OS. The one that is failing is the SAVLIB for *IBM libraries. The third one runs just fine.

I don't see any place where I can change the file name on the output, unless I'm missing something. I don't see where the /QFILE is coming from.

Any suggestions?

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1]http://www.kisco.com