And the 140s are WFM so now it's 283s or SSDs. Even worse!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com

On 6/1/2017 7:53 AM, Rob Berendt wrote:
I bet it's really tough for hardware peddlers when someone finally
upgrades their ancient hardware with six 17GB drives for a total of about
100GB space,
and you try to sell them six 140GB drives just to get a good number of
arms.
I can just hear them saying "WTF??? Why do I need to upgrade to 840GB?
Are these newer versions so full of bloatware???"

I've heard the counter argument is that the old hardware is so slow that
even with only one arm the performance of the new machine would not be
bad. I suspect that is by the guy who is hoping to at least get the
machine in the door and hopefully he won't lose his job or get sued when
they decide they really do need more drives just because of the arms.