Which ID are you looking at?

This ID changes every time the file is created/modified
Data Base File Attributes
Externally described file . . . . . . . . . : Yes
File level identifier . . . . . . . . . . . : 1121127123926

This is the ID responsible for level checks
Record Format List
Record Format Level
Format Fields Length Identifier
PDPMASTA 114 634 4BBE898C9C79B

Having said that...I don't think what you're trying to do will work. You
may get the record format ID to remain the same. But you'll find that the
resulting LF is now read-only.

You could add a new longer field, along with a trigger to keep them in-sync.

Or you could perhaps make use of an INSTEAD OF trigger to allow writes to
the LF.

Charles

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>