I IPL'd this weekend for PTF apply, latest CUM and groups.
LDAP server failed to start with GLD040B.
This caused SSO via Kerberos to fail, bad credentials.

GLD040B Diagnostic 40 04/16/17 02:20:36.827509 QGLDLIBMSG QSYS *STMT QGLDRDBM QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : GLDM400
From procedure . . . . . . : OS400_send_table_message__FiT1PPc
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 244
To module . . . . . . . . . : GLDRDBX
To procedure . . . . . . . : map_rc_fnc__FilN22PCcT5
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 80
Thread . . . . : 00000007
Message . . . . : SQL error -601 occurred.
Cause . . . . . : The directory server could not perform the requested
operation because an SQL error occurred. The SQL error information is as
follows: Return code = -601 SQL state = 42710 SQL message = MEMBER_X
in QUSRDIRDB type *FILE already exists. Recovery . . . : The requested
operation failed. SQL errors are logged in SQL server jobs. Message SQL7908
in this job log indicates what SQL server jobs were used. Refer to the SQL
server job logs for the SQL errors that may have contributed to this error.

IBM had a fix.

CREATE TABLE QUSRDIRDB.QAGLDCNV52 (ATTRTYPE VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL, ATTRNAME VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL)
Table QAGLDCNV52 created in QUSRDIRDB.

Per IBM, this is an old V5R2 conversion table, IBM is planning to phase out.
LDAP needs this file to start.

Some V7R1 PTF deleted this file.
IBM reported 8 other V7R1 customers had this same issue.
Luckily, IBM did have a fix.

Last resort workaround would have been to delete/recreate LDAP.
I would have lost hundreds of EIM credentials, they would have to been reentered.

What IBM is not doing, but they should, is find the defective PTF and replace it with a new one, including the above mentioned fix.
Once again, WAD.

I'm finding more and more PTFS with issues, but IBM will not mark them as defective.
They won't fix the security and SSL issues in V7R1.

But they come out with new V7R1 PTFs like the below.

MF63431 5770999 DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR MA46293 :
Changes are required to support future functionality.

CORRECTION FOR APAR MA46293 :
-----------------------------
Licensed internal code has been changed.

MF63430 5770999 DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR MA46294 :
Changes are required to support future functionality.

I'm done blowing off steam after a long, frustrating, holiday weekend.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator