On 4/6/2017 5:10 PM, Richard Reeve wrote:
Do any of you know of a good open source editor similar to RDI?

One thing needs to be stated quite forcefully:
RDi is not only an editor.

RDi lets me navigate the source tree, whether QSYS.LIB-based or
IFS-based. I can copy, move, delete, and rename members and files. I
can work with objects, write my own 'actions' to take (like home grown
check-out and check-in). I can organise projects, and I can compile code.

I can also edit code :-)

I don't know of any open source project that handles all of that, so the
question then becomes: what subset of RDi meets your requirements? The
barest minimum I can think of:
.bat file to FTP from IBM to PC
Notepad to edit
.bat file to FTP from PC to IBM

Personally, if I were in that place I would almost certainly load up
Code/400 -- yes, that ancient thing -- from the WDSC 6 disks. Can you
tell that I dearly miss my Rexx macros?

Mihael Schmidt started an open source project called RPG Next Gen Editor
but put it aside. His MiWorkplace is not open source, but it is
inexpensive, and he does good work. https://miworkplace.com/

Liam Allan has written several plugins to Notepad++
https://github.com/WorksOfBarry/IBMiCmd
https://github.com/WorksOfBarry/Notepad-RPG He has a YouTube demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmgMzXmkk2M

Then there's Orion, which you can load onto your own IBM i LPAR. It's
part of the IBM Open Source LPP 5733-OPS
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/How%20to%20obtain%20the%20new%20Open%20Source%20for%20IBM%20i%20Product%20-%205733OPS