Not sure this is directly related here but MCH3601 in my experience is often caused by passing incorrect or mis-aligned data to and from programs. One example would be passing in a 30 byte string to a program expecting a 50 byte string. Or as I had last evening calling an API that has an error code return area but I neglected to initialize the field that indicated how many error bytes I expected the API to return. Given it was not initialized when no tapes were returned (an empty list). The API then attempted to hand me a CPFabcd telling me the list was empty however instead it threw an MCH3601 which came back to my program.

This is a long way of saying 'It's likely in the BRMS code'. Although is it possible there are no tapes available in the library for BRMS to use causing exactly the same issue I ran splat into last night?

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com