Recently there was a LinkedIn discussion in which someone decried the fact
that many commands still lack *OUTFILE support. He created a RFE that IBM
add outfile support for these commands and/or list the new IBM i Service
which may be used as an alternative to that command.

I created a companion command solely asking IBM to alter the command help
and leaving off the request to add *OUTFILE support. You may see it here
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=102689

It basically states:

I am only asking that the documentation for certain commands be modified
to suggest an IBM i Service and/or an API. I am asking that the online
help for that command be modified and also the Knowledge Center with the
highest priority being the online help.

I prompt WRKACTJOB. Perhaps right before: "Error messages for
WRKACTJOB" I would see a section like:

See also ACTIVE_JOB_INFO at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzajq/rzajqudfactivejobinfo.htm
For APIs see also
List Job (QUSLJOB) lists some or all jobs on the system.
Open List of Jobs (QGYOLJOB) generates a list of jobs on the system.
at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/apis/wm1.htm