We use a loop to check if each parm is passed in order.
Doesn't work for *OMIT parms.
But it works well with OPTIONS(*NOPASS) parms.

DCL VAR(&PARMIDX) TYPE(*INT)
DCL VAR(&PARMNUMBER) TYPE(*INT)
DCL VAR(&PARMRESULT) TYPE(*INT)
DCL VAR(&PARMCOUNT) TYPE(*INT)
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Set the To Value of the DOFOR to the Exact number of parms Allowed. */
/* CEETSTA will Halt if the TO value exceeds the actual number of parms. */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* GET PARM COUNT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - */
CHGVAR VAR(&PARMCOUNT) VALUE(0)
PARMCHECK: DOFOR VAR(&PARMIDX) FROM(1) TO(5)
CHGVAR VAR(&PARMNUMBER) VALUE(&PARMIDX)
CALLPRC PRC(CEETSTA) PARM(&PARMRESULT &PARMNUMBER *OMIT)
IF COND(&PARMRESULT *NE 1) THEN(DO)
LEAVE CMDLBL(PARMCHECK)
ENDDO
CHGVAR VAR(&PARMCOUNT) VALUE(&PARMCOUNT + 1)
ENDDO

After the check we can then load a local variable if we need to do something with the parameter:

CHGVAR VAR(&P_PARM3) VALUE(' ') /* set parm default value */
IF COND(&PARMCOUNT *GE 3) THEN(DO)
CHGVAR VAR(&P_PARM3) VALUE(&P#PARM3)
ENDDO

Chris Hiebert