CFGTCP
1. Work with TCP/IP interfaces

Standard trouble shooting steps:

DSPSYSVAL QCTLSBSD
Record the value of your controlling subsystem ___________________

WRKSBS
F11=Display system data
Write down status of the controlling subsystem you just recorded
___________
If it is RSTD for Restricted then perform your orderly shutdown steps and
IPL again.
Write down time. __________________

DSPMSG QSYSOPR ASTLVL(*BASIC)
Look for messages stuck in MSGW.
Write down time. __________________

WRKJOB QSTRUPJD See if it is stuck in a message wait. If so, look at it’s
joblog and perform appropriate actions. You may have to answer a message
in QSYSOPR.
Write down time. __________________

WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*LIN) CFGD(*ELAN)
It should be ACTIVE. If not, make it so.
Write down time. __________________

CALL QCMD
PING ‘127.0.0.1’
You should see: Connection verification statistics: 5 of 5 successful
(100 %). This will verify that TCP/IP is running. Stop until it is.
Normally it should be, unless QSYSNOMAX was held or some such thing.
Write down time. __________________

CFGTCP
2. Work with TCP/IP routes
Record the IP address of your "Next Hop" for your *DFTROUTE
________________
PING x, where x is the IP address of your next hop. You’ll have to
surround it with apostrophes. Sample: PING ’10.17.6.1’ Most of our next
hops end with ‘.1’. I’d be surprised to find one that didn’t.
You should see: Connection verification statistics: 5 of 5 successful
(100 %). Failure to see full success should be a hard halt. Resolve
this.
Write down time. __________________

PING <name of your DNS here>
This does two things. One, it verifies that a DNS lookup is successful.
Two, it verifies that the route is letting us through.
Write down time. __________________

WRKJOBQ QSYSNOMAX
Write down status (see far upper right, should say RLS/SBS).
If status is held, release it with RLSJOBQ QSYSNOMAX