That is exactly what I was looking for,

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Retrieve Job Queue Information (QSPRJOBQ) API
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/apis/qsprjobq.htm

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jeff Young <jyoung0950@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/02/2017 09:33 AM
Subject: Re: Determine if a job queue is single threaded

Sorry, I forgot to specify that I wanted to do this in a program and then
take an action based on if it was single threaded or not.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

WRKJOBQ JOBQ(*ALL)
Find the subsystem for the jobq your questioning.

WRKSBSD QBATCH
6. Job queue entries
The max active column

You can change this if needed.
CHGJOBQE SBSD(QBATCH) JOBQ(QBATCH) MAXACT(2)

Subsystem description: QBATCH Status: INACTIVE

Seq Job Max ---------Max by
Priority----------
Nbr Queue Library Active 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 QBATCH QGPL 1 * * * * * * * * *
11 QIDRPA QGPL 1 * * * * * * * * *
20 QS36EVOKE QGPL *NOMAX * * * * * * * * *
50 QTXTSRCH QGPL *NOMAX * * * * * * * * *
60 CNV1 QGPL 1 * * * * * * * * *
70 CNV2 QGPL 1 * * * * * * * * *
80 CNV3 QGPL 1 * * * * * * * * *

Paul