Spinning off a new thread to be more of an eye catcher.

https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/help?page=start
•Download using Download Director, HTTPS, or FTPS (see 'Changes to Fix
Central bulkFTP download method')

Changes to Fix Central bulkFTP download method
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1024541

<snip>
In the Download options page, if the product download supports the
"Download using bulk FTP" option, that will now change to "FTPS". For
entitled fixes, you will now also be given a temporary, order specific,
userid and password which will be needed to access the fixes through FTPS.
</snip>
Apparently using anonymous with your email or some such thing as the
password will no longer work. This should do a fine job of forcing script
customization.

Let's start the whole sFTP vs FTPS debate again, shall we?

<snip>
IBM i fixes, as an example, has an option to order fixes via ftp, that
path has not been upgraded to FTPS, and will continue using basic FTP
protocol.
</snip>
Well that's nice. It's not like I need to have the user id "anonymous"
encrypted. And it will make scripting a little easier. And I suppose
those shops using 7.1 might whine about IBM requiring a level of
encryption not supported by that outdated version.