Thanks for the tip on WRKJVMJOB. That shows that all of the currently running java apps are using 1.6 or 1.7 and all the 1.6 jobs are from IBM so I would assume a move to V7.3 would update those to use 1.7 or newer. But it does not show those apps called from RPG that might only exist for a few minutes. I looked at the RPG code we use to execute java from RPG and they do not currently do anything to specify which JVM to use so I would assume they are using the default which is currently 1.6. We could just change the current default to 1.7 and see what happens but that might have a negative impact on production work. Is setting the JAVA_HOME Environment variable in the RPG code the best method for pointing this kind of hybrid app (RPG+Java) to the JVM to use for that specific job?

Mike C

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 6:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: java 6 use

+1 on that WRKJVMJOB suggestion.
If you try the audit log, with so many versions of java, there are so many things to check.

One can assume on "some" IBM products that they will use a new java version when you upgrade the OS. On some products you CANNOT, like Domino. You have to get a version of Domino which prefers a higher version of Java.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755