I imagine someone can make a decent security argument that can be made as
to why it works like that.

I did scratch my head when I learned that it seems to apply to the entire
call stack.

I think trying to predict future call stacks can easily lead to analysis /
paralysis.

That said, those with higher security requirements may need to delve
there. For my applications, I don't need to.

Mike

date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:18:17 -0500
from: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: SQL statements for physical and logical files

I feel you. I, too, would specify READS just because it feels right. But
this requirement that the whole stack matches is odd as heck.

Of course, if you really feel strongly about it then one could write up an
RFE at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Group Dekko
Dept 1600