We can automatically see all shares on the same subnet, while shares on different subnets must be added in QSTRUP.

Any other messages in the joblog?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan [mailto:dan27649@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 2:59 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to copy files from IFS to a Windows server?

Getting the same error CPFA0A9 (Object not found. Object is
/QNTC/jupiter/sales2017/sales.zip.)

Using Navigator, I found under File Systems, Integrated File System, QNTC, that there is some other server in the QNTC "tree". But not sure how to add the jupiter server there.

I found WRKLNK '/QNTC/*', and this displays the other server I saw in Navigator. Following advice from a forum post on mcpressonline.com, I tried ADDLNK OBJ('/qntc/jupiter/sales2017') NEWLNK('/sales17'); the completion message CPCA088 indicates: Link /sales17 was added for /qntc/jupiter/sales2017. But WRKLNK '/QNTC/*' does not show this new link.
WRKLNK '/sales17' does show the link with type SYMLNK, but I can't seem to do anything with it. Option 5=Display returns CPFA0A9 (Object not found.
Object is /sales17.)

It seems like I need to define some actual server name and/or address to the link.

Also, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1021028 says:
"All directories under the QNTC file system only survive until the next IPL and must be recreated following the IPL." So, I'm not sure this is going to work for us, unless I am misunderstanding "directories" in this case.

- Dan