Agreed that any move to Per Incident support is Bad. Hate the idea. Really hate it.

While I am reluctant to use IBM support as a 'Search Engine' they have articles and 'retain tips' and what not that they know exist. We only 'hope' they exist! Sometimes you just need to know WHEN to call!

Last week we opened a ticket for users downloading files located in an iASP with the excel plug-in. Some users could see the files others not. The guy who took the call said: "I'm quite sure there is an article on this. He gave me the 10K ft view and then said: Let me get back to you." About 15 minutes later he sent the article. His comment was hilarious. "It's very well written and I KNEW it was out there. It's was written years ago so it took me a few minutes to find it. It covers exactly what you need. Oh and I should remember it, I WROTE IT." :-)

So don't think of IBM as a 'Last Resort'. Think of the as a team member!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com