Nothing is impossible given enough time, money and effort.

There are list job api's you could use to compare against time. That's
been there like forever.

It would be easier to use the
QSYS2.ACTIVE_JOB_INFO()
QSYS2.JOBLOG_INFO
both of which are listed at:
http://ibm.biz/DB2foriServices
If you look at that site you will see they are both available at 7.1, with
the right PTFs.
If the active job is in MSGW status and the joblog message timestamp says
it's been there long enough then process it. QED

A more thorough process might be done by tossing a little cash at the
message monitoring software vendors. If you are a multilpar shop I would
be REALLY concerned about using anything from HELP Systems unless:
1 - Money is no object
2 - You plan on putting it on every lpar.
They will charge you for the total processors on the box and then they
will charge you again for each lpar you use it on.
Their products work ok though.