From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 2:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: What Was Discussed At the Big LUG Meeting

How do you fill up the tape? Append save?

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/27/2017 02:52 PM

Rob,

I'm on LTO7.
We do fill up our tapes.
Every save remains in the library.
Never have to load a tape for a restore.
BRMS autodup goes offsite daily.
And LTO7 may actually out perform the VTL.

Paul