From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Permanently apply PTFs that are currently temporarily applied

Why not? Do you really want to leave their backup save files on your system for all eternity?

Let's say I have a PTF for 5798-FAX. And it is temp applied. Somewhere on my system I will have a save file with a backup of the object replaced.
Let's call it OLDVERSION.SAVF. Now if I run DLTLICPGM 5798FAX that save file will stay there. Forever.
But if I run
APYPTF 5798FAX *PERM
it goes bye-bye.
Then I can run DLTLICPGM.