... I don't know, wether the precompiler is smart enough to succeed in compiling successfull (I suppose, it isn't). If this would work:
as long as all SQL statements are run in the same ACTGRP of the same job, they share the same connection and the connection is synchronized (no parallelism at all, one after the other). Using ACTGRP *NEW for a SRVPGM with this module doing the SQL and having a multithreaded driver, using this SRVPGM might work, but it might be alittle bit complicated to get all information back to the driver.
Using CLI would be better, in servermode you have full controll over the connections.

I wouldn't use rpg for multithreading and recommend to implement this with Java (or C++ as well) - using the right tool for the job!!!

D*B