< recommend ENDSBS *ALL (pick your time frame 30 or 60 seconds) before issuing the PWRDWNSYS command.

I have found that some Java related jobs/tasks can take 120 to 180 seconds to end.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello - ML
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 7:28 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Leaving IBM i on vs. sleep mode and fire it up now and then

Not what you want to do. You are doing more of a controlled pull the plug from the wall that way.

You are always better off shutting the machine down normally. Which contrary to opinion is to bring the system to a restricted state from the console, AND THEN issue the PWRDWNSYS command. I always tell my customers only use the *IMMED when the building is on fire. You are better to let the system come after all the jobs are ended, that is why I always recommend ENDSBS *ALL (pick your time frame 30 or 60 seconds) before issuing the PWRDWNSYS command.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com