IBM i 7.3

PTF Group Level
SF99730 16299
SF99729 18
SF99728 10

First, test your service to see if it's already corrupted.
SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
Test request complete.
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF98730))
PTF order complete. The PTF order ID number is H98274776.
WRKPRB
wrkprb is useful for reading the downloaded PTF cover letter.
It should look like the above.

Now to corrupt your data:
VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*ECS)
Took 11 minutes on a pretty decent system to get to the end with:
CPCAC59 - Verify processing completed.

VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*ECS)
Verify processing started.
Verification for Gateway_1 was successful.
Verification for Problem_Report_1 was successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM1 was not successful.
Verification for QVPN01IBM2 was not successful.
Verify processing completed.

Now to see if it corrupted your service config:
SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
Error occurred while processing request.
F10=Include detailed messages
SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
Point-to-point profile QVPN01IBM1 in use.
Job locked MUTEX +QTOCPTP/SPACE+ previously (tocSyncObj:274).
Error occurred while processing request.

To free the object lock:
SIGNOFF LOG(*LIST)

Sign back on.
call qcmd
SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
Point-to-point profile QVPN01IBM1 in use.
Job locked MUTEX +QTOCPTP/SPACE+ previously (tocSyncObj:274).
Error occurred while processing request.

SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF98730))
Point-to-point profile QVPN01IBM1 in use.
Job locked MUTEX +QTOCPTP/SPACE+ previously (tocSyncObj:274).
Error occurred while processing request.

To fix the situation:
First, blast the job(s).
WRKTCPPTP
10=End
On all sessions. I had two.
14=Work with job
Job: QTPPPCTL
41. End job
Status should be INACTIVE.

This fixed it for me and then the following worked:
SNDSRVRQS ACTION(*TEST)
SNDPTFORD PTFID((SF98730))

However, if ending the job fails to work see also:
How to Delete and Recreate your ECS Configuration
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1020782

I removed VFYSRVCFG SERVICE(*ECS) from my service test instructions as I
had this problem on numerous lpars.
IBM's answer was to follow the tech doc above.
See pmr 91297,082,000