Is there a list, or can we make one, of all the vendors NOT certified for V7R2?

That will get extremely complicated when branching out of applications that run solely on the iSeries. For example, Vertex will tell you that their software runs on V7R3 and V7R2, Oracle will not get around to certifying that Vertex will work with JD Edwards on V7R2. For a single iSeries shop with a single partition, it gets pretty hard to justify all the setup needed so we can do testing on our own.

Considering Oracle sells a product to automate the testing of new software against established processes (OATS - Oracle Application Testing Suite), they really should be able to kick this test out in a day if they were willing to use their own software and wanted to do so. My own personal opinion is that they will be quite happy when the iSeries crowd has been migrated off the platform.

So I think that getting a list of software that doesn't run on V7R2 will be fairly easy for homogenous software packages, much more difficult for heterogenous systems with a variety of enterprise, batch, web, BI servers.

Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com/uk