Thanks Vern - naturally I agree with you <grin>

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Dec 13, 2016, at 8:33 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recommend the RPG-DB2 Summit run by Jon Paris, Susan Gantner, and Paul Tuohy - very much covering these areas of interest.

It is not a huge conference - typically upwards of a couple hundred attendees - its possible to have better times with the speakers and organizers.

http://www.systemideveloper.com is the place to learn about it. I've attended several times and even helped a little with a workshop once.

There's always the COMMON annual meeting in the spring - if you are a member of a local user group, I believe you can attend under that group and not be a member of COMMON itself - although that's not a bad thing.

There is a specific track on modernization.- this conference is more expensive than RPG-DB2 Summit, quite a bit larger with benefits and issues related to that.

http://www.common.org is the main site. I've attended many times, both as employee of a software vendor and on my own. I also volunteer in a couple functions.

HTH
Vern