FYI: Running at QPWDLVL=3

Looking for documentation on supported special characters in IBM i
passwords. I know I can restrict that with system values but I'd hate to
without cause.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/ae/csec_chars.html
<snip>
Underscore {_}; this is the only supported special character in IBM i
</snip>

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1016481
<snip>
The only restrictions on a passphrase are that it cannot start with an
asterisk ( * ) and trailing blanks are removed.
</snip>

And what do they mean by this? Like, what is the difference between
"local punctuation characters" and "lphabetic and Printable US ASCII
characters, excluding control characters"? Is it related to the
difference between "can work" and "IBM only supports"?
<snip>
While local punctuation characters can work as part of a user's Notes
password IBM only supports the use of Alphabetic and Printable US ASCII
characters, excluding control characters, in an Internet/HTTP password.
It should also be noted that the password cannot begin with a left
parenthesis character as mentioned in...
</snip>

I also realize that QPWDLVL=3 negates QPWDLMTCHR but we are going to use
Windows policies and IBM Secure Identity Manager to do a bulk of the
password restrictions as most users will change their passwords in Windows
and ISIM will propagate that to IBM i.