I had a /facepalm moment shortly after sending the e-mail. If there's a DSPS36, chances are there's also a CHGS36.

-----Original Message-----
From: Holger Scherer [mailto:hs@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 11:05 AM
To: Midrange-list <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "S/36 Printer ID" changed?

try CHGS36 :-)

-h

Am 01.11.2016 um 17:01 schrieb Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

We have two identical IPDS band printers (P3 & P5) attached via Ethernet. Starting today, we're seeing S/36 errors saying "Printer P5 was not found on the system". Thru the beauty of IBMi command naming standards, and command wildcards, I stumbled on to DSPS36 which shows me that S/36 uses different printer names than IBMi. It shows that S/36 is now using a different name for that printer.