I've had customers go both ways. With PowerHA it comes down to two things,
number of drives in the *SYSBAS (Internal storage) and the communications
line. If *SYSBAS does not have a sufficient number of drives in it the iASP
becomes an I/O performance bottleneck. External storage is an entirely
different discussion and PowerHA wins hands down.

PowerHA admittedly needs more communications bandwidth than the application
replication vendors. Then again it's doing more too. Most of the customers
that have left PowerHA did it for that reason; they would rather put their
money into constant monitoring and adjustments than bandwidth. Sobeit.

The other vendors will claim that they cut over faster or cover more
objects, but the bottom line is that's all FUD. All of them will provide
you with a replicated system, with some objects left behind mainly in the
base OS. (there is a way to get PowerHA to get 100% of the objects
including the OS but that requires everything to be virtualized) My own
take is PowerHA requires much less care and feeding than certainly Mimix
(which you mentioned in your post) or the other vendors.

External storage: Hands down PowerHA wins that one with the ability to
Flashcopy for backups/reporting and if properly managed and configured even
partition mobility. Easy to manage and certainly a more complete
replication.

For me PowerHA is easier to manage and easier to teach. I also think the
Rochester support group for PowerHA is one of the best groups even within
the IBM support team. They easily blow away the quality of support for most
of the other vendors some of whom come off as just arrogant when you call
for assistance.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects