Everywhere I have worked I have had *JOBCTL authority. Even while I was at a
Fortune 75 company that was heavily audited.

Most of my years in IT working with the platform have been a one man shop or
I was the senior on the platform. Consequently, I have worn the hats of
programmer, administrator, etc.

One place I contracted at, IT had 3 accounts: 1) a general user account (I
only found this useful for testing), 2) a programmer account, 3)an admin
account and they heavily monitored this account. So that might be an option
for you. Would that satisfy your SOX auditors?

Regards,

Jim Hawkins
Programmer Analyst
Interkal LLC
Kalamazoo, MI

Looking for how other companies handle "programmer on call" where a halt
has occurred in Production, and we are now being told we cannot have
*jobctl to view job log of the issue to determine how best to handle.
Would a wrkactjob with adopted authority be acceptable?
How are others handling this?
We have some old code and every couple months a programmer called in the
middle of the night for a batch error...
Jim Franz