So this is a good idea I agree. I will say that you absolutely need to get the SAV part correct. If you're on 7.2 or newer the SAV behaves differently than 7.1 and earlier WRT the NWSSTG objects. This is because they are udfs objects now. (But you probably knew that. :-) )

You already know about the *ALWSAV attribute so good there.

If I recall correctly when you vary OFF the NWSDs the dadgum disks disappear from /qfpnwsstg/<diskname>/MOUNT ! That makes them hard to back up.

Once you've done the SAV do the DSPTAP to verify the objects are there on tape. If saving /qfpnwsstg takes 30 seconds you probably didn't get the NWSSTG. :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com