Cross posting, as it may be an issue with configuration rather than an
issue with Java.

I'm in need of assistance. We've had this piece of code working for 10+
years. All of a sudden this command is failing. From I can gather 5 is
Record level access. Can anyone point us in the right direction. We are
getting this error. "ToPDF: Unable to connect for record level access."

AS400 as400 = new AS400();

try

{

as400.connectService(5);

}

catch (Exception e)

{

System.err.println("ToPDF: Unable to connect for record level
access.");

System.exit(1);

}

Some background information.

We have a CL that copies a spool file to a file SPLCOPYPDF in QGPL. With a
new member name of P and QTIME system value.

We run this command. PASSWORD and OWNERPW are left blank. As I understand
that logging on is no longer required.

RUNJVA CLASS('com.ctcodeworks.itext.ToPDF') +

PARM(&FILE &MEMBER &CRCDLEN &COVERFLOW +

&PDF &PASSWORD &OWNERPW &FONT &BACKGROUND +

&PAGESIZE &CPAGEWIDTH &CPAGEHIGH +

&CFONTSIZE &CVERTTAB &CLMARGIN &CRMARGIN +

&CTMARGIN &CBMARGIN &ORIENT &IMAGEPOS +

&IMAGENAME &CIMGSCALE &IGNMARGIN +

&CIMGROT) CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) +

OUTPUT(&OUTPUT)

CLASSPATH is currently set
to /QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar:.

I have also tried to use the updated Java6 version.
/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/java6/jt400Native.jar:.

We do not have the source code for the ToPDF class, however, I have used a
windows java debugger to see the code.

We are on V7R1, no PTFs have been applied lately. No security changes, no
network changes. I did see Windows had some updates, I uninstalled those
just to see. It did not help the situation.

Not sure how a network change would effect the process as we are connecting
to local host.