We are attempting to troubleshoot an issue between Windows 10 clients and mapping drives to the IBM i IFS. For some reason some computers can map, others cannot. Here are some of our observations:

* We are currently running v7r3.
* All computers have Windows 10, however build versions vary.
* There are no issues with mapping drives to Windows based servers.
* When drives are not being mapped, we can still ping the IBM i via
the NETBIOS name, DNS Name and IP address.
* The IBM i and Windows network shares/drives are being mapped by a
GPO/Login script. Some computers get the IBM i mapped drives,
others do not (inconsistent). All the computers to get the Windows
drives; and we have put in MsgBox prompts before the mapping of the
IBM i drives occur. We get the messages, but no drives on the
computers we are having issues with.
* One user can log into one computer and get the correct mapped IBM i
drives, but then log into another computer and not get them.
* We also have one program that accesses the IBM i IFS via UNC path. Sometimes the UNC path will work, other times it does not. When it
doesn't work, we can still ping the IBM i.

There are still a lot of inconsistent behaviors and we haven't pinpointed whether it is the user, computer, server.

We do know that drives do get mapped to the Windows server based shares with no problem. We have recently upgraded from 7.1 to 7.3 a few weeks ago. That's when the issues seem to pop up, but still unsure of that is the issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with their IBM i and Windows 10 desktops?

-JA-