That's how I've always done our CGI apps. From a performance standpoint, it would be more costly. Of course, hardware has accelerated at a breakneck pace, so that may not be the problem it once was.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Cunningham [mailto:mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 10:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IBM Rational Developer for i, V9.5.1 delivers new support for Apple Mac platform and other significant enhancements

We tried this many years ago (each user gets their own session in Apache running under their name) and it worked well under small load but having hundreds of people running their own job killed performance. Might be different today with faster processors and newer Apache and tons more memory on the system but something to be wary of if you go down this route.

for any subscription related questions.