As a NON employee one of the things I like best is having my own PC configured the way I want it. Many gigahertz lots of GB and a big old hunk of SSD. That cost is SO worth it when apps load NOW and files open QUICK and never do you sit and wait. I almost dread helping people with old laptops......

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com

On 9/7/2016 9:08 AM, Justin Taylor wrote:
I've always assumed the majority of RDi users are corporate developers who don't have any say in the PC's they use.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bartell [mailto:aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 7:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IBM Rational Developer for i, V9.5.1 delivers new support for Apple Mac platform and other significant enhancements

Ha ha. I wish my geek knowledge extended to washers and dryers :-)

I'm curious, is this new support from IBM causing anyone to go out and buy a Mac? I still like my Mac. I am not as enamored as I used to be (they aren't as reliable as they used to be); but they are still better than Windows (my perception) and are more supported than Linux (which is what I hope to go back to some day). Oh, and Macs last a looong time. My wife's finally died after about 9 years (spinning HD started making noise).

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i