On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You're pretty much describing it as-is. We FTP the CSV file(s) - there
may be 1 to n. They then get copied to a flat 2048 byte record before the
preliminary transform. That then gets copied to a real PF.

Let me clarify. I'm suggesting you copy the raw columnal data, not the raw
row data.

So do a CPYFRMIMPF to a physical file that has the same columns as the CSV,
but a VARCHAR for the money column. Then do a scalar UDF to transform that
column.

If you copy each record in the CSV to a one column record in a physical
file, your doing a lot of parsing that CPYFRMIMPF or Scott's tools can do
for you, and have been better battle tested for edge cases. If those tools
can't parse the $ signs, you just have to work on that line.

Or is CPYFRMIMPF failing to parse the columns?