On 21-Aug-2016 09:21 -0700, Darryl Freinkel wrote:
I am trying to get ARDGATE working with MS SQL.

I have downloaded and installed JVAGATE from Dieter's site.

When I try to run it, it fails needing the program/procedure
CEE4RAGE. I found CEE4RAGE on google, Scott Klement's code.

Here's the problem:

I do not see where this code should be loaded and compiled into?

The Register Activation Group Exit Procedure (CEE4RAGE) is the name of a system API, as part of the "The Integrated Language Environment® (ILE) architecture on the IBM® i operating system [that] provides a set of bindable APIs known as ILE CEE APIs."
IBM i 7.2->Programming->Application programming interfaces->APIs by category->ILE CEE APIs
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/apis/ile1a1.htm]

In some releases [¿those prior to IBM I 6.1?], there may be a requirement to explicitly include the Binding Directory (BNDDIR) QC2LE to find the procedure.

For some specific information about the API:
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/apis/CEE4RAGE.htm]
"…
The Register Activation Group Exit Procedure (CEE4RAGE) API is used to register procedures that are called when an activation group ends. Activation group exit procedures, registered by CEE4RAGE, are called after HLL user exit procedures, but before any system level activation group resource clean up takes place. The procedures are called in the reverse order of their registration. If a procedure fails, subsequent procedures will not be called.
…"