From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 8:29 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GIF or JPEG printing still struggling (PDF and PNG printing with AFPRSC)

Hi Marianne

You mention PNGs - we get signatures from our field associates as PNGs - I convert them to GIFs using ImageMagick - an AIX utility that we downloaded from Scott Klement's site. That's working great, and we then use 7.1 CPYSPLF to get the PDF from the spooled file.

I just did a search for pdf2pcl - that is part of something called GhostScript - this would also be an AIX (and other OS') utility - I just found this link -

http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/200903/msg00083.html

If the URLs are still valid, this could work to generate the PCL.

I'll be looking at this today - maybe you can try it, as well.

You can get Ghostscript for your Windows machine - then you can test the pdf2pcl utility and see what you get.

Regards
Vern