To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Darryl Freinkel <dhfreinkel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/10/2016 11:38AM
Subject: SQL010 - length of a table's record

Something I have not had to deal with before.

I have to create a table that has about 400 fields which are mostly VARCHAR
and of length 100 to 2000 each. So I get SQL0101.

I have always heard that the table sizes can go into the yoda byte sizes
but never a record length maximum.

For now I have reduced the field sizes to 50 chars to get passed the issue.

This is a V5R4 system.

Is there a work around or different way to use these huge record sizes?

TIA
--
Darryl Freinkel