Since using VTL we started using parallel saves with BRMS.

Had to restore a stream file yesterday. For some reason we used to always
restore these particular types of stream files outside of BRMS.
It started getting really trippy trying to do this.
*LINK is scattered across 4 tapes. Sequence w on one tape, x on second
tape, y on third tape, z on fourth tape.
Kept getting a media definition error.

So I slapped myself and said stop trying to do it outside of BRMS.

BRMS, VTL, etc and it was fast, fast, fast!!!

Also, it used to be this horrific affair where we had to decide whether to
use an older copy from an expired tape we rotated back from Iron Mountain
back to onsite, or to request a tape from Iron Mountain. And to express
it (that was a horror story!) or to wait for the next day.
No longer an issue.

RSTBRM DEV(KDVLVTL) OBJ(('/notes02/notes/data/mail/his.nsf'))
SAVLVL(*CURRENT)

BRMS is pretty cool. That SAVLVL? Means do you want the most recent
save, the one saved on a particular date, or do you want one from x levels
back? Don't worry about the tape volume id, it will figure it out.

that file? It was a 1.35GB file.

925952 blocks processed for sequence 13, volume K00124, on device KDVLVTL.
921047 blocks processed for sequence 12, volume K00125, on device KDVLVTL.
938160 blocks processed for sequence 12, volume K00213, on device KDVLVTL.
932409 blocks processed for sequence 18, volume K00214, on device KDVLVTL.
Media file 1 of 4 information.
Media file 2 of 4 information.
Media file 3 of 4 information.
Media file 4 of 4 information.