Thanks guys.

Where was captain obvious when I needed him.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 07:17:05 -0400
from: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Question on using QZDFMDB2 to run SQL interactively in a
CL program

<snip>
RUNSQL SQL('INSERT INTO QTEMP.JUNK (JUNK) VALUES
(''This is a test 2'')
') COMMIT(*NONE) NAMING(*SQL) </snip>

That was my first thought also. The only problem being those who slaughtered the IBM RUNSQL command so they wouldn't have to modify code containing earlier homegrown versions of RUNSQL (right Paul Nelson?).

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755