The original poster's real problem is that one set of experts is trying to figure away to communicate with another set of experts. That is, ExpertsA are dynamically looking to determine the IP Address of specific printers, as assigned by ExpertsB. That wheel has been invented. For this problem its called DNS. The DNS specifies the IP Address attached to a specific name. Standard stuff, easily configurable, understood by everyone involved. Why would anyone look to invent some new poorly understood solution? (I say poorly understood because its pretty clear from the various postings.)

200 lines of text?!?! Good grief!! I had no idea you would append that many lines to one of your responses, Chuck. In the future I will check your replies and remove the extraneous lines for you. Sorry; please accept my apologies.