From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 12:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Can a load source be migrated using the utility in DST from an actual physical disk in ASP1 to a virtualized disk in ASP2 or must the load source always be ASP1?

Paul,

The one thing i don't really understand is this:
You are supposed to be able to set preference regarding whether to use SSD or SPINNY for libraries and objects. With that you shouldn't have to separate in ASPs to get your hot data onto the SSDs, did i miss a comment on why you can't just set the flag for the production libraries to stay on spinny and move the rest to the SSDs?

Best Regards,

Roberto