I'm working on a customer project involving PDF generation via AFP. It's a reworking of an earlier version that used RPG O-specs in a flat SCS print file, and an overlay.

I created a PAGSEG, and dropped it into the print file. According to the PDF size, it's in there, but if you open the PDF, it's not visible.

I considered the possibility that I was somehow putting it off the page, and so I changed the PAGSEG statement to
PAGSEG(FOOBAR/FOOTER 1 1)

I considered the possibility that the page segment source was bad, and so I stuck a known-good page segment source file (from another customer) on the system, and created the page segment from that. Same results.

I also tried adding the overlay from the older version to the OVRPRTF. Same result, even though the overlay still works fine with the old version.

Both customers are on V7R1.

> CRTPF paramters for this print file are
> Printer device type . . . . . . DEVTYPE > *AFPDS
> Length--lines per page . . . . > 8.5
> Width--positions per line . . > 11
> Measurement method . . . . . . > *UOM

The OVRPRTF statement is
OVRPRTF FILE(WTQUOTE) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(8.5 +
11 *UOM) PRTTXT(*BLANK) UOM(*INCH) +
TOSTMF(&PDFPATH) WSCST(*PDF) +
OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL)

For comparison, the OVRPRTF statement at the other customer whose page segments work is
OVRPRTF FILE(WTQUOTE) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(11 +
8.5 *UOM) LPI(8) PRTTXT(*BLANK) +
UOM(*INCH) TOSTMF(&PDFPATH) WSCST(*PDF) +
SECURE(*YES) OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL)

I'm at wits end on this one.

--
JHHL