Von: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von
Charles Wilt
Gesendet: Thursday, 02.6 2016 22:39
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Re: Exclude a field from an SQL View

The functionality used by Navigator to generate the DDL is an IBM provided
API call..

Generate Data Definition Language (QSQGNDDL) API

Charles

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Dan <dan27649@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Buck. This has to be automated. A CL program would create a
table
ala:
RUNSQL ('create table testlib/testtrg001
( TRGTYPE char(1),
TRGTMSTAMP timestamp,
TRGSEQUENC dec(15, 0),
like PRODTABLE ) ')

Following this command, I want to create the view on this table
without the TRGTMSTAMP field. PRODTABLE may be any one of hundreds of
production tables. '001' at the end of the table name and view name
represent any 3-digit number.

So, Navigator seems out of the question. I am already using a DSPFFD
outfile to get a list of the fields in PRODTABLE, and am currently
building the PF and LF source specs using that. (The LF specs have
all of the fields of the PF except TRGTMSTAMP.) The "LIKE PRODTABLE"
following the three fields that are defined in every version of the
testtrg* files would save me the trouble of building the PF specs, but
if I still need to list every field in the CREATE VIEW, I'm not
gaining anything by switching from an LF to a view.

FWIW, in case someone asks, all of the production files are defined by
PF & LF DDS specs. We have not started using DDL to define tables and
views.

- Dan