Thanks Matt,

At first global read I see that apart from the IBM i setup it is needed to:
1. Configure Windows Accounts to Use DES Encryption where the Microsoft
standard is RSA.
2. Modify the Windows Clients to Export the Session Key

I don't know what the security impact of those changes is, extra
research/advise will be needed before I'll put my feet on that way.

Regards,
-Arco

Arco,

There is documentation on setting up Kerberos with the IBM i here:
http://support.attachmate.com/techdocs/1954.html

It's actually very nice once you get it setup. Although setting it up on
the IBM i is not very straight forward. On Windows setting up kerberos
negotiation between servers is a much simpler affair (though still not as
easy as it should be as it involves going to the command shell and running
one command).

Also, Kerberos isn't a "windows" thing. You can certainly setup an LDAP
server on your OS of choice and get kerberos running, but you typically
find that it is a Windows server in practice as it only takes a few hours
to setup active directory (the LDAP server) with all of its fancy wizards
to guide you through the whole setup process. The equivalent can't be said
on other platforms such as Linux, where it takes a fleet of engineers to
setup and maintain a directory server due to all the bash commands,
configuration files, and prayer involved.

My main issue with Kerberos at this point is that IBM has not put the
effort into making it available across all their software products. RDi is
a perfect example. It doesn't support Kerberos.