On 23-May-2016 14:54 -0500, Darren Strong wrote:

Is there an equivalent to SNDMSG for sending to another LPAR or
system on the same network? I'd like to populate a remote message
queue with a message.

What is the scenario? If there is already something being performed [previously] from the local system, at the remote system [e.g. for which that SNDMSG might be used to inform of completion of the prior work], such as over a connection via FTP, DRDA, or DDM, then probably just continue using that same connection-method with whatever feature is provided with that method to run a command on the remote system.

How much needs to be known about the sender? OS-provided means of starting remote work may not be very informative of the message-sourced details, at least by default. Of course any such messaging could be explicitly coded to reveal such info, as part of the message text or as message data [when using a MSGID]; I thought I recalled the latter is what SNDNETMSG does, but I could find no messages in the CPI8050 or CPI8060 range that would confirm that the Send Network Message (SNDNETMSG) provides some details about the sending-system and other sent-from details. Anyhow, in many cases the sender details might be the [effective] daemon job or server job name that accepted the request, and a job for which the user may not match the user name of the system from which the message originated; i.e. the user might be the default user profile associated with the server job of whichever feature was used [e.g. FTP QUOTE RCMD, Run Remote Command (RUNRMTCMD)
, Submit Remote Command (SBMRMTCMD), DRDA SQL, etc.] no matter which variant of messaging is used, such as the Send Message (SNDMSG), Send User Message (SNDUSRMSG), Send Break Message (SNDBRKMSG), et al.

Note: The Data Queue (DTAQ) is a variation of a Message Queue (MSGQ); both are called queues [though the latter is a space-object IIRC], and both accept effective /messages/ as data\entries, and each has methods to retrieve those /messages/ from the queue. Noted, because the DTAQ has built-in Remote-system support via DDM; see the Remote Data Queue (RMTDTAQ) parameter on the Create Data Queue (CRTDTAQ) command.