Maybe you have some rows with two sets of CR LF and your replace only removes one set.
Yours truly,
Glenn Gundermannglenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx (416) 317-3144
-------- Original message --------From: Don Brown <DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: 2016-05-23 2:24 AM (GMT-05:00) To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Removing CR LF Characters
Hoping someone may see what I am missing.

I have an extract from a MSSQL server that includes this line

        isnull(replace(replace(convert(nvarchar(max),TR.Description),
char(13) + char(10),' '), ',', ';'),'')         as [Info]

Which is to remove CR and LF as well as any commas.

The output is to a csv format file that is then loaded into a database
file on the IBM i via FTP and subsequently processed.

Today the file load failed and investigation identified multiple records
caused by the CR LF characters.

Looking at the file in notepad++ I can see the CR LF but the above replace
should have removed them ???

If you copy the following lines and paste into notepad++ you may see the
CR LF codes if they are not stripped out by the site software.

<Start>
special care.

AAN Account..
<End>