Please check whether these logical files that you name views have a key.
If those logical files have a key (what I suspect), they include an access
path (index) and the access path must be updated with any insert, update or
delete statement performed on the base table.
The access path contains a bitmap for every key value. In the bitmap is a
bit for each row in the file/table that is set to *ON or *OFF depending
whether it matches the key value or not.
The larger the base table, the more different key values available, the
larger the bitmaps, the more time consuming is the update, the more logical
files (with keys) or SQL indexes are built over the base table, the more
time consuming is an insert, update or delete.

SQL Views on the other side never have a key/access path, so it is possible
to have thousands of views built over the same physical file/table without
any performance decrease when an insert, update or delete is performed on
the base table.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)