I sent you two emails (well more).
But one email referenced the Knowledge Center for changing the console
type.
The one referring to upgrading Lan Console referenced the Memo To Users
(MTU)

But, let's start out at the Knowledge Center.
What is the first topic you see underneath
IBM i 7.3>IBM i and related software>Installing, upgrading, or deleting
IBM i and related software>Upgrading or replacing IBM i and related
software>Preparing to upgrade or replace IBM i software>Verifying the
contents of your software order>Identifying and reviewing information
resources
at
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzahc/rzahcswsdocshipupgrade.htm?lang=en
Might that be "Memo to Users"? Is it possible that you saw no need to
"Verify the contents of your software order"? Perhaps because you
downloaded it? If so, perhaps I could understand your confusion. Thus
you missed the subtopics like "Identifying and reviewing information
resources" and "Memo to Users"?
In addition to all the links to the MTU in the topic MTU, there is a link
to a pdf of the MTU right at the 7.3 home screen.

BTW, never use a dated copy of the MTU. It gets refreshed often.

And do not forget this snippet from the Knowledge Center.
<snip>
If you are skipping a release level of IBM i, you can also review the Memo
to Users for the release that you are skipping.
</snip>
There is an important grammatical error. Replace the word "can" with
"you'd better by God!".
What they are saying is that if you are upgrading from 7.1->7.3 you should
also read the 7.2 MTU.
And if you are 'migrating' from 6.1 to 7.3 you should also read the 7.1
and the 7.2 MTU.